The pursuit of goals, personal development, even just getting by day-to-day (with or without a task list) can sometimes feel chaotic and never-ending. What if we could use a filter to help us focus on what is really important to us? That's why we recommend using the Rule of 3 to help guide you through your year, quarter, week, and day.
In today's podcast, we go into detail about how to achieve the life you want by:
- deciding on 7-10 goals to pursue throughout a year
- focusing on 3 goals for a 3-month period (quarter)
- breaking up the goals into 3 manageable outcomes per week
- getting to work on those outcomes through the daily action of 3 tasks
In terms of a partner perspective, we recommend at the least sharing your 3 goals/objectives with your partner for the year, the quarter, and the week. These conversations can be really interesting dives into what is important for your partner and your family, how you can support each other.
We think it might get a little tedious to share Daily Big 3 with a partner, however, we recommend sharing a win at the end of the day. Studies show that when you share joy with someone, it increases your sense of well-being. That little boost to your motivation might be just what you need to wade through the resistance and the messy middle of completing a goal.
Until next time, we wish you and your better half the best on your journey of personal development, together.
- Time Tracking with Timeular — MacSparky
- Timeular - The easiest time tracking solution
- Getting Results the Agile Way | A Personal Results System for Work and Life
- Reply All | Gimlet
- Goal Setting for Couples — Half Better
- How to Plan Your Life: Together — Half Better
- Half Better Clarity Sheet
- Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want: Michael Hyatt, Daniel Harkavy: 0884430287664: Amazon.com: Gateway
- Full Focus Planner – The Full Focus Store by Michael Hyatt and Co.
- How to Make Time for What’s Most Important — Half Better
- Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day: Jake Knapp, John Zeratsky: 9780525572428: Amazon.com: Books