Do you talk about money with your partner? Do you sit down weekly and discuss your financial status? Do you know how much you spend in different categories? Do you have debt and if so, do you know how much you have? Do you have financial goals together as a couple?
We spent several years not talking about our finances. . . so we are all too familiar with how hard of a first step it is to talk about money with a partner. There is so much shame surrounding money, especially if together you’re not handling it well. Today on the podcast, we give you some easy tips on how to take that first step.
Specifically, we discuss:
- Your money story and how that translates into behavior
- Assessing where you are
- Determining your money goals and dreams
- What to do if your money goals are competing
- Your why (individually and together)
We've come a long way in our 16 years together, and our communication in regards to money has significantly improved. We’ve made plenty of mistakes along the way, and by talking about something a lot of people don’t want to talk about (particularly inside your relationship) - we hope you can avoid the pitfalls and arguments that we had in our relationship!
- A Couple's Guide to Setting and Supporting Goals — Half Better
- How Special Time Makes Children Content | Hand in Hand Parenting
- Dolby Cinema - Wikipedia
- None More Black - YouTube
- Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
- WHOOP - The World's Most Powerful Fitness Membership.